PSI Brand has developed another user-friendly product in the form of a permanent paint system for plastics, suitably branded, PSI Paint.
Paint products for polyethene plastics are already available from other innovative companies such as Lysis Technologies Ltd in the UK and PaintFlex in Japan, but none offer the same benefits offered by PSI Paint. These include:
– Enhancing the surface properties of your plastic products
– Providing a unique opportunity to add colour to single shot mouldings
– Non-hazardous, which means no special storage requirements
– Dispersible dye system which penetrates the plastic surface layer
– Supplied in bulk 5L containers to minimise waste
Is PSI Paint better than a graphic?
PSI Paint does not replace graphics, it enhances them! Common uses include spraying the back side of your INMOULD graphics for special effects, using stencils for common signs and signals as an alternative to graphics, and rolling onto an embossed area or engraving in the mould itself to provide extra pop of vibrancy.
How can I paint plastics using PSI Paint?
For best results when using PSI Paint with your next rotational moulding cycle:
– Ensure that the mould surface temperature is 30°C (86°F), and that the surface is clean and free from powder and foreign residues.
– Decant your PSI Paint into a pneumatic air-spray gun, then spray onto the mould surface using even, brush-stroke motions.
– A second coat is recommended for increased opacity, but make sure to allow your paint to touch dry in between coats. Note a cooler mould surface will delay the dry time.
– Once the final coat is dry to the touch, you can proceed with loading. The paint will change from a glossy wet look to a matte effect as it dries.
– Fire up your rotomoulding oven and proceed with the mould cycle as usual.
Note that a residue may remain on the mould surface after each cycle, but this can be easily washed off with water or any regular cleaning solvent. PSI Paint can be used on any mould surface and any release agents, requiring no special mould surface preparation.
Is PSI Paint water based?
Yes – PSI Paint is completely water based, which means it’s super easy to mix and clean up after use.
How can I get rid of pin holes?
PSI Paint helps to enhance the surface of your plastic products, meaning that it can be useful in getting rid of pinholes. You may also want to consider using our PSI Brand surface enhancer, ENHANCE.
What is surface enhancer?
Surface enhancer is a product that improves the appearance and durability of your rotationally moulded products, including the reduction of pinholes.
What colours are PSI Paint available in?
PSI Paint is currently available in four standard colours (black, red, blue and yellow), all of which have been independently QUV tested and approved to ensure longevity. Additionally, you’ll receive a FREE 250ml air-spray gun with your first 5L purchase of PSI Paint!
For more information or to request samples, get in touch using our contact form or by giving us a call on +64 6 834 4808